DIY Kids Desk Caddy
With summer in full swing, it is totally time to think about back-to-school…(insert large eyeball emoji).
I know it sounds so crazy to think of back-to-school in mid-July, but us bloggers always like to get a head start on things!! AND a bunch of incredible bloggers are doing this thing called Craft Lightning. We are all sharing 15 minutes or less crafting projects for Back-To-School, so it makes sense that we start crafting up some goodies in July!
Plus, this DIY Kids Desk Caddy is perfect for art stations, travel, or just as an adorable desk organizer for yourself! Totally versatile!
Some links may contain affiliates.
- Small Caddy (I found this one at the Dollar Spot at Target earlier this week)
- Wooden Letters
- Stamp Pad (I used VersaMagic Dew Drop Chalk Ink Pad in Perfect Plumeria and Aegean Blue)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Small, Empty Box (I used a squeezey yogurt box)
- Xyron Creative Station -or- Glue Gun
1. Select a word you are going to add to the caddy. A child’s name, a word, whatever! I decided on “CREATE” because I love inspiring creativity!
2. Using your wooden letters, cover each individual letter in the chalk ink.
3. Once letters are dry, hot glue them onto the caddy.
4. Let caddy dry.
1. While caddy is drying, cut the small box so it is at the height of the caddy.
2. Cut fabric to cover the box. I used a dish rag material fabric I had left over in my scrap fabrics.
3. Either run the fabric through your Xyron Creative Station, then adhere fabric to box. -or- Hot glue fabric to box.
4. Stick insert into caddy and adhere bottom using hot glue.
5. Fill caddy with all the art/desk/writing goodies you can find!
And just like that you have a DIY kids desk caddy, perfect for your homework station, art station, desk organizer, or whatever else you want to use it for!
Want more organizing tips for Back-To-School?? Check out my Organize Back To School Challenge Recap, where I share tips for every aspect of getting ready for back to school!
Looking for ways to organize kids work space once you have the beautiful caddy? Check out my post on how to organize kids art supplies!
The Organized Mama
My name is Jessica and I am the founder and editor of The Organized Mama. I was born and raised in Minnesota and currently live in Illinois. I graduated Indiana University with a degree in elementary education. I decided to share my tips and tricks to keeping things organized in hopes of helping people stay organized with little ones. I am in the process of becoming a professional organizer to help assist families in keeping households organized. At The Organized Mama, you will find ways to keep organized, stay crafty and, most of all, enjoy motherhood!