DIY Paper Gift Box Tutorial
I love making paper gift boxes. I think it adds a nice touch to any present or gift I am giving. I also love making them for goodie bags for birthdays or events. I have made these paper gift boxes to use for birthday party goodie bags, along with using them for a gift box when I give a gift card for graduations or birthdays.
These DIY paper gift boxes are really to make and can be thrown together just minutes before you have to leave for a party! And yes, I have done that before!
Today for the Xyron Design Team, we have partnered with Simple Stories to create some wonderful paper crafts for you. You can check out all the other inspiration from the other design members over on Pinterest!
- Simple Stories Heart Collection Kit
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with 3 inch Permanent Adhesive Refill
- Xyron Tape Runner
- Paper Cutter
1. Take one piece of paper from the Simple Stories Heart Collection Kit and cut a rectangle that is roughly 9 inches by 6 inches.
2. Then, taking a different piece of paper, cut a strip about 2 inches long. I love using the collection kits because all the paper goes together, so you don’t have to worry about finding the right color!
3. This strip of paper is going to go on your rectangle paper in the middle of the paper. To make the strip stick, use your Xyron Creative Station Lite with the 3 inch permanent refill to create a sticker.
4. Place the sticker onto the middle of your rectangular paper.
5. In the Simple Stories Heart Collection Kit, there two pieces of scrapbooking paper that have sayings and note cards on them. In the middle of the paper, there are some adorable small, squares with some designs or saying on them. I am using those as the center design on my gift box. Cut out the square designs.
6. Taking one of the square designs, run that through the Xyron Creative Station Lite machine.
7. Place the square design in the middle of the rectangular paper, over the strip of paper you have.
8. Add some stickers that come in the kit to frame the square design.
9. Using your Xyron Tape Runner, run the tape on one short edge and the bottom long edge of the rectangular paper.
10. Roll the rectangular paper over itself to form a cylinder. Press firmly to make sure paper adheres to itself.
11. Then, flatten out the bottom of the cylinder and attach it together. Make sure to press firmly.
12. Using the stickers, add some fun embellishments to the paper gift box.
13. Repeat this process for as many gift boxes as you need!
14. Fill boxes with goodies to give away at a birthday party or event.
I just love the paper combination from the Simple Stories Heart Collection Kit. It makes things so much easier to just know that all the colors go together in whatever combination I create!
The Organized Mama
My name is Jessica and I am the founder and editor of The Organized Mama. I was born and raised in Minnesota and currently live in Illinois. I graduated Indiana University with a degree in elementary education. I decided to share my tips and tricks to keeping things organized in hopes of helping people stay organized with little ones. I am in the process of becoming a professional organizer to help assist families in keeping households organized. At The Organized Mama, you will find ways to keep organized, stay crafty and, most of all, enjoy motherhood!