I really hate the boxes that kids games come in. Like I don’t understand why they are so ridiculously big for a small thing of memory!
Instead of storing that giant box that takes up so much space, I remove the box and put the game into a baggie. I either use just a Ziplock bag or a plastic zipper bag.
But keeping those bags organized can be challenging if you don’t write on them what game is in each bag.
So in keeping with the organizing spirit, I decided to make DIY game bag tags for the Xyron Design Team and Newton’s Nook blog hop!
Some links may contain affiliates.
- Newton’s Nook Love Grows Stamp Set
- Newton’s Nook Tags Times Two Die Cuts
- Black Ink Pad
- Xyron 3″ Disposable Sticker Maker
- Xyron Creative Station Lite With Laminate Refill
- Die Cutting Machine
- Teresa Collins Wanderlust Paper Stack
- Pink and Green Cardstock
- Tombow Pen
1. Using the tags times two die cutter, cut out the larger tag on the Wanderlust paper. Repeat until you cut out as many tags as you need for your game bags.
2. Stamp flowers onto the pink cardstock using the black ink pad.
3. Using the round tag, cut out the flowers using the die cutter machine.
4. On green paper, stamp out some leaves using the black ink pad.
5. Cut out the green leaves.
6.Cut out thin paper to use as the writing on the label. I cut the top of the Wanderlust paper stack and cut it to the size of the label.
7. Run the pink and green cardstock, along with the white paper through the Xyron 3″ disposable sticker maker.
8. Adhere the pink paper to the top of the larger tag, lining up the hole.
9. Add the green leaves around the pink flowers.
10. Put the white paper on the bottom of the larger tag.
11. Using your Tombow Pen, write the labels on the white paper.
12. Run the labels through the Xyron Creative Station Lite with laminate refill.
13. Cut out and poke hole through each tag.
14. Attach tags to bags using binder clips!
I really love how these labels give the game bags some color and make them fun! AND it makes them totally organized!!
For this blog hop, Xyron and Newton’s Nook are giving away $25.00 in product to Newton’s Nook and a Xyron Mega Runner!! Hope over to the Xyron Facebook page and comment on any Newton’s Nook project for a chance to win!!