Camp is over and the wait for back to school has started over at The Organized Mama household!!
So while I am waiting, I am prepping by creating routines, getting school supplies, and, most importantly, enjoying these last few days of summer with the kiddos!
But I wanted something custom for my kiddos and their morning routine checklists. So I personalized the clipboards for the Xyron Design Team back-to-school challenge.
Some links may contain affiliates.
- Xyron Creative Station with Repositionable Adhesive Refills
- Wooden Clipboard
- irRESISTible Colored Textured Spray
- Silhouette Cameo Paper Cutter
- FREE PRINTABLE
1. Cut out the name using the Silhouette Cameo. I have heard that the new Cricut Maker Machine is INCREDIBLE, but I need to test it out before I decide if it is better than the Silhouette!!
2. Run the letters through the Xyron Creative Station with repositionable adhesive. We will be using these letters as a stencil.
3. Adhere repositionable letters to bottom of the clipboard. For my daughter, I had her letters go up the clipboard as her name is much longer!
4. Spray all over using the irRESISTible spray. I made sure to do a lot of spray towards the bottom, and not as much at the top to create an ombre effect.
5. Let dry.
6. Once dry, remove the letters.
7. Follow steps to create the morning routine checklist.
8. Clip checklist to clipboard.
I really love how this back to school DIY personalized clipboard tutorial was able to give the boring brown clipboards some much needed color and customization!
I used small 3M hooks to hang the clipboards in both the kids bedrooms and in their cubbies. The kids can start their day by doing all the bedroom tasks first, then making their way to the door to leave for school!
I think this is such an easy way to create a morning routine that the kids can follow!