I am so excited to be participating in a new monthly challenge called My Dollar Store DIY. Each month, a group of bloggers are challenged to come up with projects you can DIY using items found that the Dollar Store!
This month we were challenged to create something floral, so I decided to create a floral spring wreath craft, that is incredibly easy (and cheap) to make!
I have mine hanging in our entry way, so I wanted to go with the colors that would fit the room. When shopping for the flowers, I found purple, yellow, and white. Our living room has lots of purples and blues, while our entry way has greys and yellows.
(Some links may contain affiliate links to help keep the blog running!)
- Styrofoam Wreath
- Burlap Ribbon
- 4-6 Faux Flowers In Varying Colors
- Yellow Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- 2 Push Pins
1. Wrap the Styrofoam wreath with the burlap ribbon. Hold the end pieces together using the two push pins.
2. Push the pencil into the wreath to make a hole.
3. Fill hole with hot glue.
4. Pop off flower top and stick into the hot glue. Hold until the glue is dry.
5. Repeat to fill your wreath.
6. Attach the yellow ribbon to the top.
This is seriously one of the most simple tutorials I have ever written, but I am just loving the final product. This wreath is perfect for entry ways, front doors, or hanging in a room. Because of the faux flowers, it is rather versatile in where it can hang.
I decided to cover the bottom of the wreath with more of the flowers, and only add three flowers to the top of the wreath. To me, it just felt more balanced this way.