I am so excited to be doing another round of Craft Lightning with Angie from Country Cottage Chic!! This month we have an INCREDIBLE giveaway with all the 15 minute craft projects… A BRAND NEW CRICUT MAKER!!!!
So you know I love these machines because I can cut out all my labels on them. I use it for so many organizing and home decorating projects. AND you have a chance to win one and get your home organized with a Cricut Maker!! Enter at the bottom of this post.
So sticking with my labeling skills, I created a Halloween-inspired farmhouse flower box, since the challenge for this round of craft lightning was Halloween! And this flower box totally fits in my with fall decor, because I went all pastels with pops of black!!
Some links may contain affiliates.
- Cricut Maker (or Cricut Air Explore)
- Wooden Box
- Black Glitter
- Mod Podge
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with Repositionable Adhesive
- Paint Brush
1. Using your Cricut, cut out the words “Trick” and “Treat”. I used the font called Impact to create this Halloween-inspired farmhouse flower box.
2. Run each word/letter through your Xyron Creative Station Lite. Make sure you really rub the adhesive before removing the top layer to insure everything gets covered in the adhesive.
3. Place one word on one side of the wooden box. Since the words are repositionable, if you don’t like the spacing, you can adjust so you get the words in the center of the box!
4. Cover the letters, along with a little above, below, and to each side using the Mod Podge. Use a paint brush to smear the Mod Podge over everything.
5. Sprinkle with black glitter.
6. Let sit until dry. Then remove the letters from the box!
7. Repeat for the other side.
8. OPTIONAL: I used Krylon Acrylic Spray to stop the extra glitter from falling off!