Can you believe that Christmas and Hanukkah are almost here?!?! It is just crazy to think that in a few short weeks, we will be welcoming in the New Year!
And we all know that this time of year there are always a ton of dinners, parties, and get-togethers, but what do you bring to say “thanks”?!?!
So for the Xyron Design Team we were challenged to create a hostess gift, and I thought that a cookie-in-a-jar would make the perfect hostess gift! Everyone can use it and enjoy it!
- Xyron Tape Runner
- Xyron 1.5″ Disposable Sticker Maker
- DCWV 12×12 Birds and Butterflies Paper Stack
- Graphic45 Regular Tag Album in Ivory
- Paper Cutter
- Cookie Recipe Print Out
1. Take one Graphic 45 regular tag and the DCWV paper stack. Find two to three colors/patters you like and pull them out. I used glittery purple, pink butterfly strip, a label cut-out, and flower cut-outs.
2. Cut the purple glittery paper a little smaller than the regular tag. Mount the paper onto the tag using the Xyron tape runner.
3. Cut out a strip of pink butterfly paper and attach using the Xyron tape runner. Cut excess strip.
4. Cut out the label cut-out and attach to the top of the purple glittery paper. Use the Xyron tape runner to adhere to the tag. Write message on the label!
5. Cut out the flower and attach to the tag using the Xryon 1.5″ disposable sticker maker.
6. Flip tag over and attach glittery purple paper onto the tag using the Xyron tape runner.
7. Attach the cookie recipe print out on top of the glittery purple paper using the Xyron tape runner.
8. Cut out a flower and run it through the 3″ disposable sticker maker. Adhere flower cut-out to the tag.
- 1 Mason Jar
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Add all the ingredients in the order listed into the mason jar. Make sure to really press them all in the jar so you have room for the chocolate chips!
2. Attach the lid to the top of the mason jar.
3. With a ribbon and the tag you made, tie it to the mason jar.
4. Add any additional embellishments like a wooden spoon or oven mitts.
5. Hand out as a thank you to your host/hostess!
Head over to my YouTube channel for a video for creating this hostess gift!
I just love creating tags and gifting cookies in a jar! They are a really thoughtful, homemade gift that everyone can enjoy!