When it comes to home decor, I honestly try to make my own. I typically start with a base of something from a craft store. Like a frame, wood pallet, or even a picture frame. Then I try to create whatever vision is in my head.
I had this chalkboard that I bought on Decor Steals a while back. It actually came in a set of two. The second (bigger) one is hanging on my wall in the kitchen.
But this smaller one has had about 20 different “homes” around the house. I couldn’t figure out where I wanted to put it. Then, I got this gorgeous paper from DCWV for the Xyron Design Team and knew exactly what I wanted to turn that chalkboard into… A DIY farmhouse wall decor!
And this entire project will fit perfectly in my kitchen. On the counter top. Covering up a plug and the cord to our Alexa speaker. Boom!
DIY Farmhouse Wall Decor
May contain affiliate links for products I use all the time!
- DCWV Copper Luxury Stack
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with Removable Refill
- Paper Cutter
- Xyron Wedge Shape Glue Stick
- Leather Cord
- Chalkboard (similar)
1. Towards the back of the paper stack there are cards all on a few pieces of paper. Cut those cards out in both the large and small sizes.
2. Arrange the larger cards to fill the entire chalkboard space. Take a picture on your phone so you don’t forget where you put things!!
3. Run the cards through the Xyron Creative Station with removable refill.
4. Adhere cards on the chalkboard as you had planned.
5. Using the smaller cards, run through the Xyron Creative Station with removable refill.
6. Adhere the small cards over the larger cards to create a quilt effect.
7. Cut out the flag from the paper in the back of the stack.
8. Cut the leather cord to fit inside the chalkboard that is now covered with paper.
9. Using the glue stick, cover the back top portion of the flag with glue.
10. Fold the flag over the leather cord.
11. Repeat until cord is full of flags.
12. Cut out three quote cards from the paper stack.
13. Run the quote cards through the Xyron Creative Station.
14. Place the end of the leather cord underneath one of the quote cards and adhere to the top corner of the chalkboard.
15. Repeat for the other side so that the leather cord dangles inside the chalkboard.
16. Add the third quote to the top of the chalkboard, above the flags.
17. Set out, hang, or decorate your farmhouse home!