Last spring we did a weekend update of the kids’ shared bathroom.
Nothing special, just painting the cabinets, changing knobs, and reorganizing the vanity. Which is why we could get it done in a weekend.
But, it’s been a year, and I needed to add something to the space.
Enter the Maya Road and Xyron collab for this month’s design team project.
I found the most amazing products from Maya Road to use to create DIY kids’ bathroom artwork!
- Xyron 3″ Disposable Sticker Maker
- Maya Road Wood Shipping Tags
- Maya Road Banner Die Cuts
- DCWV Paper
- Die Cutter Machine
- Paper Cutter (I used the Silhouette Cameo)
- Decorative Brads
- Blank Canvas
- Staple Gun
1. Cut out paper to the shape of each wood tag.
2. Run paper through the Xyron Sticker Maker.
3. Attach paper to wood tags.
4. Use the die cut machine with the banner die cuts and paper to add to each wood tag.
5. Run banner die cut outs through the Xyron Sticker Maker.
6. Adhere to the tags.
7. Cut out letters using the paper cutter. I cut out “Wipe”, “Flush”, “Wash” for my tags.
8. Run the letters through the Xyron Sticker Maker and adhere them to each tag.
9. Poke a hole in the wood tag using the decorative brad.
10. Poke a hole in the ribbon.
11. Attach the wood tag to the ribbon using the decorative brad.
12. Repeat for all the wood tags.
13. Staple the ribbon onto the back of the blank canvas.
I decided to hang the sign over our hand towel holder. I picked colors that work with the space: navy blue, pink, and yellow.
I love how it adds some whimsy to the space.
AND I have another giveaway for you!! It’s a sparkly blue 1.5″ sticker maker! I use this for a TON of projects (and you could even get away with it for this project!)
Head over to the Xyron Facebook page and comment on most recent Maya Roads post! Winner will be announced the following day!