This entire month I have been focusing on organizing and decorating the kids’ playroom! With the kids help, I created a DIY ABC wall art that makes the perfect piece for our playroom.
AND I have the most perfect stamps to create this ABC wall art that I got as part of a blog hop with the Imagine Design Team and Joy Clair.
I have this wall that really needs some art, so after measuring the space, I grabbed a blank canvas to use. I let the kids paint the canvas using yellows and reds and whites. Then I stamped and embossed the canvas to hang in their play room!
- Joy Clair Fancy Letters Stamp
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Dye
- Imagine Embossing Powder in Silver
- Starz On Stamp Cleaner
- Painters Tape
- Blank Canvas
- Stipple Brushes
- Embossing Gun
- Stamp Block
1. Paint the canvas using the paint and brushes. Make sure that the colors fit into your room decor!
2. Once the canvas is dry, divide the canvas into 5 sections. Tape off the sections evenly using the painter’s tape.
3. Lay out the stamps on the canvas.
4. Using the ink pad and stamp block, stamp each of the letters onto the canvas. Clean stamp once you finish.
5. Repeat until you get all the ABC’s on the canvas.
6. Remove the painter’s tape.
7. Cover the stamps with the embossing powder, then shake off excess. I always try to do this over a piece of paper so I can create a funnel to pour back into the jar.
8. Using the embossing gun, emboss all the letters that are covered with embossing powder.
9. Hang and enjoy!
I just love how it turned out! The ABC’s are perfect for the play room… plus the kids helped create the DIY ABC wall art!
Now head over to all the other blogs that are participating in the blog hop!! Be sure to leave comments (one per blog) during these the hopping so you can be entered to win a one of two $25 Joy Clair Stamps Gift Cards or one of two $25 Gift Cards from Imagine!!! Winners will be announced on the Joy Clair and Imagine Blogs at the end of the month.
(In case you aren’t sure, a blog hop is where a group of bloggers all create something using similar products and you, the reader, gets to “hop” from blog to blog to see what they made! It’s a fun way to explore other blogs and see other creative projects!!)