I am so ready for it to be spring. Like, I want to get outside and run around and not have to be bundled in two million layers.
I am working on getting the rest of the house spring cleaned as well.
But, I really wasn’t feeling like spring had totally sprung because I hadn’t decorated anything for spring yet. I was looking at my craft supplies, and wasn’t really feeling inspired until… This box shows up at my door for the Xyron Design Team. I opened it to find this gorgeous paper from a collection by OneCanoeTwo and American Crafts!!
Like, it is just so pretty I really didn’t want to do anything with it but put it in a frame. When it hit me that I should turn this paper into a banner so my house feels more spring-y! And I can showcase this beautiful paper because I am truly obsessed!
Geometric Spring Banner Tutorial
- Xyron Creative Station with Permanent Adhesive Refill
- Xyron 3″ Disposable Sticker Maker
- OneCanoeTwo Hazelwood Scrapbook Paper Collection
- OneCanoeTwo Hazelwood Cork Diecut Shapes
- OneCanoeTwo Hazelwood Washi Tape Set
- Optional: Paper Cutter
1. Taking the scrapbook paper, either cut out or use your paper cutter to create a banner shape. I created two types of banners. One is the more traditional banner, and the other had a scalloped edge.
2. Cut out a pennant shape for each of the banners.
3. Repeat for as many banners as you would like to make.
4. Run the pennant through the Xyron Creative Station.
5. Adhere the pennant shape to each banner, but make sure they are different colors of paper.
6. Once all banners have pennants, grab your cork die cuts. Using the 3″ disposable sticker maker, run the die cuts through the machine. Be really careful when pulling through.
7. Rub the die cuts and the sticker paper really well before you remove. It will help them stick. Adhere the die cuts to the banner.
8. Attach the banner to the twine.
9. Space out the banner on the twine. Then, using the Washi tape, wrap the tape over the twine and cut to create a banner.
10. Repeat throughout the entire banner.
11. Hang and enjoy!
I am so happy with how the banner turned out. I think it adds a nice touch to our living room and brings some spring into the space!!
Head over to OneCanoeTwo’s Facebook page for tons of incredible products (I LOVE their planners!!)
Share what you are crafting below!! Or tag me on social media (@organizedmamas on everything)!!