Candy-Free Halloween Party Ideas
With Halloween a few weeks away, I am getting ready for the holiday by prepping for a candy-free party. I shared earlier this month how I created a bat “mobile” to decorate the house with, along with some glittery signs that are in my Etsy shop. With the kids getting so much candy as they trick-or-treat, I thought it would be fun to have some friends over before we go out trick-or-treating for a Halloween party without any candy. This can be tricky because this holiday is all about the candy, but with the kids getting a ton of candy from trick-or-treating, I wanted some other food options, but still remain spooky and Halloween-y. So here’s a list of my candy-free Halloween party ideas!
Food and Drinks:
Whenever we think of parties, we always think of food and drinks. But there are so many ways to incorporate food that doesn’t involve candy, or super sugary snacks. Here’s my list of some of my favorite candy-free party food ideas, and how you can incorporate them into your Halloween party.
- Fruit: I love having fruit at parties because I know almost every kid will eat fruit. And a lot of it. I love using a melon baller to create circled fruit pieces. For Halloween, you can use cantaloupe and melon to create some fun and slimy snacks.
- Veggies: Another easy food to have at parties. Grab some cauliflower and dip to create some delicious ghost kabobs. Make carrot fingers using baby carrots.
- Granola: Granola chunks make a great snack that is crunchy and can fit into a candy-free Halloween party. My favorite is Jessica’s Gluten-Free granola because the chunks are bigger and it’s certified gluten-free.
- Veggie Straws: My kids love Veggie Straws. I know they are like chips, and not the best for you, but I feel better when they eat these rather than chips. Adding these to a bowl, they make a great snack at any party where kids (and adults) are involved!
- Pirate’s Booty: Again, not the healthiest, but still a crowd pleaser. If you follow me on Instagram, you know my daughter is in LOVE with the pirate’s booty. So, I always need to have this special treat for any party she is at.
- Pumpkin Bread: Anything pumpkin screams Halloween, so pumpkin bread is a perfect candy-free choice to add to our Halloween party. I love this recipe from Elana’s Pantry. It’s super easy and gluten-free.
- Spooky Sandwiches: Use a cookie cutter to cut out Halloween-shaped sandwiches. I love making pumpkins with my cookie cutters and adding some sun-nut butter and raisins to make eyes. The kids love it, it’s nut-free, but still delicious, and it is totally candy-free!
- Apple Sauce: Add some googly eyes into a bowl of apple sauce and you have a spooky treat for your party!
- Green Smoothies: Anything green makes the perfect Halloween drink. Just make your kiddos’ favorite green smoothie and give them a fancy straw to make the drink even more special!
- Bubbly Water: I think bubbly water is a special treat for my kiddos. With the bubbles, you can put the drink in a fun mummy cup and they can drink the bubbly goodness!
Keeping things easy, I wanted fun decorations that were easy to put together. I found these adorable Harry Potter potions printables and used them on mason jars to “potions” to use as decorations. I printed out the labels, and cut them out. I filled up my mason jars with water and some food coloring. Then I added the labels using Scotch™ tape to keep the labels in place. I put them on all over the table to add to the decor. The kids each picked out some small pumpkins at the store, so I added them to the buffet with the food. I added my spooky, sparkley signs for some glittery as well. Finally, I added my mummy wreath (tutorial is coming soon) to the mirror hanging over our buffet.
I also printed off labels for the food by giving it some fun Halloween-themed names. Using my Silhouette Cameo, I created the labels. You can also just write on some labels to make a fun and easy way to decorate the table. Then I took some Yankee Candles and drew pumpkin faces on them. You can also draw ghost eyes, or use orange to create pumpkin faces!
I am also loving these personalized Halloween buckets created by the amazingly talented LuckyLoDesigns. Check out her Facebook and Instagram pages and order quick so your kiddos can have adorable, personalized trick-or-treating buckets! They made perfect decorations for the table for some pre-trick-or-treating decor.
I love playing games at Halloween parties. There are so many fun ideas, and the kids always find them entertaining! The kids love playing them, which is always nice, as it keeps them occupied before we head out to trick-or-treat.
- Spider Web Walking Game by No Time For Flashcards
- Halloween Party Game by Gets Bored Easily (Reminds me of the Bozo The Clown game!)
- Balloon Catch by Vanilla Joy
- Pin the Boo on the Ghost by The Pleasantest Thing
- Witch Ring Toss Game by Sometimes Creative
- Pumpkin Golf Halloween Game by Growing A Jeweled Rose
With food, decorations, and games that are all candy-free, you will be set for a fantastic Halloween party for your kiddos. I also have lots more ideas that I’ve pinned on my Halloween Pinterest board! Go check it out for some inspiration. Any fun candy-free ideas that I missed? Share below and I will be featuring some on my Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. Follow along so you don’t miss out on any party ideas! Happy Halloween, my friends!