I love turning every day things into projects. I know it sounds silly, but I think it adds some pizazz to otherwise boring daily events. Like a place to hang your keys. While you can just stick them on a hook, why not decorate that hook??
So when it came time for the Xyron Design Team to do a blog hop with Maya Road, I knew exactly what to make. Decorative key hangers!!
AND there is a giveaway!! Maya Road is giving away an amazing kit called Follow Your Bliss. There is a ton of stamp sets, paper trims, stickers, and embellishments that go along with the kit! To enter, head over the the Maya Road blog and comment on project posts. Winner will be announced next week!
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with Permanent Adhesive Refill
- Maya Road DIY Wood Mini Pallet 4×4
- Maya Road Medium Vintage Paper Flowers in Pink
- Maya Road Self-Adhesive Rhinestone Trim in Lime Green
- Maya Road Earl Grey Jute and Twine Cording
- Gilded Paper Stack
- Paper Cutter
- Die Cutter Machine with “hello” die cut
1. Grab your paper and cut it to the size of the mini wood pallet (4×4). I used DCWV 12×12 gilded paper stack for this project.
2. Then cut your 4×4 paper into strips that match the size of the individual pallets. Mine did not end up the exact same size, so I measured each pallet and cut to that size.
3. Run the paper strips through the Xyron Creative Station Lite with the permanent adhesive refill.
4. Attach each of the strips to the individual pallets. I swapped out the arrows to go opposite directions for each individual pallet.
5. Using your scissors, cut out a zig-zag pattern from your gilded paper stack. Cut the zig-zag paper to the size of the pallet.
6. Using your die cutter, cut out the word “hello”.
7. Run the zig-zag and the word “hello” through the Xyron Creative Station Lite.
8. Attach the zig-zag to the side of the pallet leaving room so you can see the paper on the left of the zig-zag.
9. Place the word “hello” at an angle in the bottom right corner of the pallet.
10. Cut the self-adhesive rhinestone trim to the size of the zig-zag paper. Then place the rhinestones over the zig-zag paper.
11. Cut twine to about your forearm length.
12. Attach your twine to each side of the back of the pallet. Knot the twine.
13. Take your paper flowers and twist them around the long piece of your pallet. Put this piece in the top right corner.
14. Grab your hook, and twist it into the bottom of the pallet. I started by hammering a nail into the long piece of pallet on the bottom. I pulled the nail out and twisted the hook into the wood. I did the same on the other side.
15. Hang and enjoy!
Now every time I hang up my keys they will be hanging on something pretty, which just instantly cheers me up!
This entire project took about 10 minutes to complete, which is why I made a few! I really wanted to give everyone a cheery place to hang their stuff!