Can you believe that Thanksgiving was last week?? I have yet to grasp how quickly the end of the year is approaching! Which means that Christmas and Hanukkah will be here quicker than I am ready for.
Every year I create a holiday gift binder, which I shared last year. I also reorganize my gift wrapping station for the year. This is the one time I go through the wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper, etc. and toss things that look worn.
Then, I grab my cards, tags, ribbon, and stickers and put them in a baggie on the side of the gift wrapping station. The problem with that has been things get lost in a bag. So this year I am going to create a separate station for my gift tags and cards. This can easily turn into a thank you note station once the holiday celebrations have ended!
In order to get my card station created, I need to make some cards and tags to stock it. I always love making cards and tags for gifts, so this year will be no different. The only change is that I am making all of these cards and tags ahead of time! I usually wait until I wrap the gift to make a card, but things are crazy around here, so I want to be prepared.
I am going to be sharing how to create some easy tags and cards to stock your gift tag station, then I will share how to pull it all together!
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with permanent adhesive refill
- DCWV Double-Sided Cardstock Stack
- DCWV Gilded Paper Stack
- DCWV Seasonal Wreath
- Paper Cutter
- Single Hole Puncher
1. Start by cutting long rectangles out of the gilded stack paper. Cut off two corners at the top of the paper.
2. Layer paper on top of the tag using the double-sided cardstock paper.
3. Run the layered paper through your Xyron Creative Station Lite with the permanent adhesive refill.
4. Adhere the colored paper to the tags to create layers.
5. Add white paper to the front or back of the tag to write your messages on.
6. Using your single hole punch, punch one hole at the top of the tag.
7. Add embellishments such as snowflakes from the seasonal wreath stack.
8. Attach ribbon.
9. Wrap your present and deliver!
Station Creation Tutorial:
1. I started to create my gift tag station by grabbing my desktop mail organizer. I found a similar one on Amazon.
2. I put all my tags and cards I created into the middle divider. My envelopes went in the back divider. I grabbed a bunch of ribbon that I put in the front divider.
3. On the sides, there are two smaller organizers. I put a nice pair of scissors and a hole punch.
5. Start writing cards!