So I have a confession to make… I never made my daughter a baby book! There, I said it. My son has one that I started, but haven’t finished. But my daughter, well, I held onto everything… But I never put it in a book or an album. It is all just sitting there in a plastic container in the basement.
I have felt so guilty about not putting together one of those beautiful baby books that I started for her brother. But things got away from me and I wasn’t able to focus on putting them all together in an adorable book like I had envisioned.
I have been trying to figure out a way to make a “quick” baby book, but nothing has ever come of it. Until I decided to do something else.
I saw an article about parents writing emails to their kiddos after they created an email account for them. Well, why not write letters instead of emails? I mean, handwriting is on its way out according to some, so why not pen her a letter every once and a while…at least on her birthday. Just to tell her why I love her.
And timing couldn’t have been more perfect for this project for the Xyron Design Team‘s Blog Hop with Waffle Flower! I was able to select some products from Waffle Flower’s website to use for this partnership, and decided that I needed stamps that would add to the flare of envelopes that would hold letters to my daughter. (And, check out the Waffle Flower Blog for TONS of other fun projects and inspiration!!)
- Assorted Colors of Cardstock
- Waffle Flower Storyboard Stamp Set
- Waffle Flower Happy Mail Stamp Set
- Assorted Ink Pads
- Xyron Creative Station Lite with 5″ Permanent Adhesive Refill and 5″ two-sided laminate refill
- Xyron Tape Runner
- Silhouette Cameo and “Build An Album Envelope” Design
- Eyelets and Setter
- Metal Ring Clip
- Single-Hole Punch
1. Cut out a bunch of “Build An Album Envelope” design using your Silhouette Cameo.
2. Add brads and twine to envelope.
3. Cut out some colorful paper to place on the front sides of all the envelopes.
4. Using your watercolors and the Waffle Flower Storyboard stamp set, paint the stamps and stamp them onto your colorful paper.
5. When the paper dries, run it through the Xyron Creative Station Lite with the 5″ permanent adhesive refill. Make sure to rub the paper down before you peel off the top layer!
6. Layer the paper with stamps on top of front side of the envelope. Use this to date the envelope for when you add your letter to the inside.
7. Repeat this process for all of the envelopes you want to include. I used different shades of pink, purple, and yellow to add some color to my brown envelopes.
8. Attach the side of the envelope together using your Xyron Tape Runner.
9. Grabbing your eyelets and setters, attach the eyelets to the bottom of the envelopes. Make sure your metal ring clip will be able to fit through the eyelets.
10. Cut some paper to act as a front and back to your envelope book. I wanted to make sure mine was larger than the envelopes.
11. I cut out some paper and ran it through the Xyron Creative Station Lite with the 5″ permanent adhesive refill.
12. I attached and layered the paper to the cover.
13. Using the Waffle Flower Happy Mail stamp set and ink pads, I added some stamps around the paper. I also cut out some of the stamps and attached them using the Xyron Tape Runner.
14. When the cover is complete, switch out the Xyron Creative Station Lite for the two-sided laminate. Run the cover and back through the laminator.
15. Single-hole punch the cover and back to meet up with the bottom of the envelopes.
16. Using the metal ring clips, attach the cover with the envelopes with the back.
17. Start writing letters! And dating the outside of the envelopes!
Now that the envelopes are completed, I have to get writing letters! This is going to be an amazing gift when she gets bigger.
But wait… There’s also a GIVEAWAY!
Xyron and Waffle Flower are giving away a Creative Station Lite AND a Waffle Flower Prize Pack! Hop over to the the Xyron Facebook page, where you can enter by commenting on any/all of the Waffle Flower projects posted to the page during the week! Just say that I sent you for a chance to win!!